HUMANITY FORWARD FOUNDATION
Executive Director - Humanity Forward Foundation
Overview: Principle management, spokesperson, relationship building with allied organizations and subject matter experts, fostering a coalition for Universal Basic Income, guiding and developing mission related programs, collecting and sharing data on efficacy of programs, organizational decision maker, donor development, program budget oversight and tracking all organizational expenses.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic planning for the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and with guidance from Humanity Forward. This position can be remote and involves minimal travel.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director will be responsible for each of the following:
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff, contractors and vendors.
- Strategic planning and implementation for programs focused on Humanity Forward Foundation principles.
- Planning and operation of annual budget with guidance from operations officer and executive director with Humanity Forward.
- Serve as the foundation’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts with assistance from Humanity Forward digital & communications directors.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, coalition building and community outreach.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Executive Director position should have the following qualifications:
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of accountability and accurate reporting.
- Excellent donor relations skills, understanding of the funding community and grants.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.Solid work ethic staying focused and responsible for a small team with large responsibilities.
- Bilingual or multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.Competitive salary, benefits and PTO are included in this position. Salary ranges from $85,000 - $102,000 annually commensurate with experience.Diversity is our biggest asset and necessary for organizational strength. It is a fundamental policy of Humanity Forward and Humanity Forward Foundation to provide equal opportunity of employment to all applicants, without regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.